Doctors urge parents to never use liquid washing tabs

washing tabs

Doctors are urging parents not to buy or use liquid washing capsules and to buy washing powder instead. The warning comes after soaring numbers of children being hospitalised after ingesting gel tabs.

Researchers have revealed that at least one child a week is admitted to hospital after swallowing liquid washing tabs. Often, children mistake the brightly coloured wrapped capsules for sweets.

Doctors said that using liquid tabs is just 'not worth the risk'.

The new research was carried out in the US, but is backed up by UK studies, which also found that one child a day is admitted to hospital because of liquid tab ingestion.

Figures from the National Poisons Information Service show that 1,486 patients were treated for detergent poisoning in the UK between May 2009 and July 2012. Nearly all were under five.

Source: Netmums.com